Sunday, September 7, 2008

A little bit vintage

Glaistig (Robin Melanson, Knitting New Mittens & Gloves)
"Fluff for your cuffs."

They actually turned out pretty cool! As I said in the last post, I'd run out of black and couldn't just pick up another ball, at least, in time for the recipient's birthday. But the novelty purple mohair gives the mittens a rather chic, vintage look - I think?

I then merrily cast on the Molly Ringwald top. Since the opinion on Ravelry seems to be that a little extra length doesn't hurt, I'm adding another inch or so to the bottom. I'm trying not to think about how many WIPs I now have and how close Christmas is... I am just thankful that Glaistigs take no time and that I have plans for lovely, deliciously quick scarves!

And I really want a Molly Ringwald top! And I didn't even see Sixteen Candles or Pretty In Pink! But I do remember in high school, after having my hair cut, a friend said I looked a bit like Molly Ringwald and at the time, that was high praise. I don't think I looked a bit like Molly Ringwald. But does it matter?

No comments: