Friday, September 26, 2008

Save me from Etsy!

Never go near Etsy when you're having a stressful couple of weeks! There's a few items I can't show you yet, but isn't this yarn pretty? It's from New York Yarns. The top one is Rock Chick and below that is the very bright Boy Meets Girl. Now I just need more knitting time...

The yarn arrived the same day as I picked up two new additions to the backyard family: Mimi and Coco. They'd been raised on an egg farm and the poor little girls already had their beaks clipped at only 17 weeks! Awful. But they're currently in their makeshift 'humpy' and becoming acquainted with Fifi and Lola. Lola has taken to standing on the log to start the newcomers in the eye. You can see her below with Mimi. You can't tell Lola that she's too small to still be boss.

2 comments:

Chooks'r'us said...

Love this pic! Don't be fooled by size - the little ones will soon sort out the new arrivals and let them know who is boss! Poor things having their beaks clipped - will they grow back??? (stupid question I guess). All this knitting is making me dizzy - I'm starting to think I COULD manage a pair of socks....

Gidgetknits said...

You can manage socks!!!! And there is word that sometimes the beaks do grow back if the hens are young enough and they haven't been clipped too badly.

After a few days away, Lola has, in fact, reasserted herself as totally the boss! She usually bosses everyone from her very deep dust bath.