Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being thrice a heel

Two of these socks are secret Christmas knitting and one is the Mystery sock, so I can't go into too much detail. But I found myself turning three heels at once! What was going on with that?

I took the top sock to o Vanilla today for a work meeting (yes, work meetings in cafes - what could be better?). They had the prettiest, most scrumptious apple muffins. As the waitress delivered my muffin, she gazed at my knitting and gave a gasp of surprise. "Oh, what are you knitting? It looks gorgeous." I think I'm getting a spurt of knitting exhibitionism going on.

And upon request - the new hen house. It hasn't been prettified yet, but I noticed that by facing the two hen houses not-quite-opposite each other, I now have a little 'hen lane'. The hens spill out into Hen Lane in the morning and come to the City Gates, where they stand, willing the Gate to open. Yesterday while I was on campus, the wind blew the Gate open for them, so I came home to find the hens pottering about, dirt bathing, and generally disporting themselves in the wilderness!

2 comments:

Chooks'r'us said...

How very Chaucerian (?) of them! Such a great idea - how good would it be to give each one a house on the lane!!

Gidgetknits said...

Don't give them ideas! They're already scoping MY house as living quarters.