Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas is coming...

Still Christmas knitting... well, I did finish the front of the Molly Ringwald, but endless photos of that one project in progress would be dull.

Meanwhile, I was tagged via Life in the Dome - 8 things about Christmas. As usual, I am very bad at passing on such tags, but, ah, let's see...

1. Chris Isaak's Christmas CD is my idea of the best ever Christmas CD. Plus, I love the photos of him spending Christmas on the beach with his band and his little white dog, Rodney.
2. Having said that, I still get all sentimental about Wham!'s 'Last Christmas.' So sue me.
3. I love real Christmas trees, although I do feel guilt about cutting them down. I have a moral crisis every time.
4. I've spent Christmas in England and Austria, too, borrowing families for the occasion. I loved the oranges in our stockings in Chelmsford and I loved standing around the tree in Baden singing carols... well, I kind of 'ummm...la...ummm'ed because my German isn't that good!
5. I fell in love once on Christmas Eve... it didn't last beyond New Year's. Sigh...
6. One of my other favourite Christmas Eves was spent with South Africans - far from home like myself - in a small flat in Oxford, making mulled wine, listening to them play guitar, and eating... ah... can't say. The hens are just outside the door there...
7. When I was seven, I swear I saw Santa having a nap on our sofa at 6am Christmas morning.
8. I admit it - I love presents on Christmas Day!

And this weekend I fully intend to decorate the house. It's been a long week.

2 comments:

Chooks'r'us said...

I have a few Chris Isaak's CDs but not the Christmas one...must look out for that. Looking promising to be traveling south...

Oops - just realised I've tagged you several times recently!

Bells said...

I'm with you on Last christmas. I think my husband would go ballistic if I played it! Maybe I'll get it just for my ipod and enjoy the guilty pleasure alone.