Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Doing the Molly Ringwald

It just sounds like it should be some kind of retro 80s dance. But work on my Molly Ringwald, in between Christmas projects, has progressed to the stage where there's actually something other than ribbing going on.Yes, I'm almost finished the neckline of the front! I was happily knitting away as everyone settled down for our big meeting yesterday. I got three rows done and fielded a variety of questions about what I was knitting, how people who knit never seem stressed out, and how people used to knit (I just resisted sending them all cute patterns after the meeting to reignite their interest). I love putting knitting in new environments to see what people do! And I think my knitting stirred more discussion than any of the agenda topics.

Then I came home and found my Pride and Prejudice sock club had arrived! I just got the one month back when the Australian dollar made everything in the US uniquely affordable and now I kind of wish I'd splashed out just a bit more. Jane and Bingley are gorgeous (they're my favourite couple - as much as I love Lizzie and Darcy, you just know in the long term...). A beautiful yarn base and she got the colours just right. Oh well, I have her Cinema Sock Club to look forward to yet! And one of my months for that is Pretty in Pink. Can you credit that I never saw the film? I've just got the DVD. I'm a teen of the 80s, but I missed some of the definintive films. I think it's because at the time I was trying to recreate Sarah Brightman's days in Hot Gossip and was singing late into the night with my girlfriends about diesel trains and Rum Tum Tuggers. Oh well, at least I didn't miss Dirty Dancing.

1 comment:

Chooks'r'us said...

Happy knitting Ms Socks. I have tagged you if you feel like playing.