Monday, December 1, 2008

Trying now to stop humming 'Last Christmas'

Today while I was busy grading a last, though reasonably considerable, piece of work, Fifi and Lola were out enjoying the intermittent sunshine. I just love it when chickens lie on their sides with their little chicken feet stretched out! Next to them is the dirt bath that just keeps getting deeper thanks to the combined efforts of Mimi and Coco. They'll be in China soon.

And can you guess what all this is? I thought I'd take a photo of 'indiscriminate bits' of Christmas knitting. Almost all done! Well, once I get two final second socks off the needles and stop thinking about that new idea that would be just perfect for a friend. Shhh... I didn't just go and get the patterns for it!

But tonight, with Top Gear and Bones to entertain me, I'm thinking of spoiling myself and casting on the back of the Molly Ringwald. I'm itching to work on something a bit more substantial than all the little things I've been working at.

2 comments:

Bells said...

Oh cute chickens! I was disturbed to read your comment on my broad bean post about how your chooks keep digging up your plants. I am thinking of getting chickens but this puts me off! Short of fencing off ALL my veggie beds, I'm not sure what to do!

Gidgetknits said...

Oh, it's fine once you've got them properly netted off... although they are sneaky and as soon as they find a gap, they're in! You could also choose not to free range them quite so... ah... freely! But mine are now used to owning the back yard.