Saturday, December 20, 2008

Deck the Halls with Lots of Sock...s?

At around 11:30pm, I finished the Spring Forward Socks in Crystal Palace Fern. They're a gift and currently blocking - and I'm racking my brains to figure out where to hide two wet socks from the recipient. Any suggestions? This is a wiley recipient who will investigate every nook and cranny.

The photo shoot occurred around midnight. I was going for an action shot on the treadmill, but... well, it was midnight? And, seriously, it wasn't like I was really going to go on a 3K walk at midnight. Instead, I cast on the second gigantic sock (men's socks... they're always so big!) of the other pair that will supposedly find their way under a tree. I'm not even through the cuff, but I'm driving with some friends to an antique market today, so I'm figuring that between time on the road and time sitting having lunch... I might at least get to the heel? Maybe?

1 comment:

Chooks'r'us said...

oh...just finished a nice long comment for you and the gremlins stole it! It was about cackling cockatoos and marvelous yarn and a yearning for socks. Never mind!

Happy Christmas to you and yours and may 2009 be full of wonderful yarns, inspiring patterns, stupendous socks and lots of good things to read. Oh and more Doctor Who, of course!