Monday, January 12, 2009

Molly Ringwald - all done!


Okay, not the most flattering self-portrait of my finished Molly Ringwald! I'm always perplexed when I take photos that I don't look like Liv Tyler. I'm positive that's how I should look. I'm tempted to blame the little man in the camera.

Kidding! But I finished! And it's a little large. I knitted the smaller size after research on Ravlery, but it's still a bit too big. But it's gorgeous! I love the pattern. I do have some yarn to do a second, red one and I now know to go maybe even three sizes down from my norm. The yarn has something to do with it, too, I'm sure. I used Patons Breeze, which knitted up fantastic, but... no, I didn't do a swatch.

Swatch? What swatch?

So now I'm officially allowed to cast on my Cardigan for Arwen (tempting fate on the Liv Tyler front). Conversely, from what I read of that, I need to go up a size and I plan some lengthening (which I also did for the Molly and that at least worked out) and additional waist shapening.

Right now, though, I have a headache which might have something to do with being back at work and planning course guides. So I needed just a little blogging break!

1 comment:

Bells said...

Oo she's gorgeous! Good work!

Arwen is on my list. One day.