Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Patterns You Fall In Love With

I'm still in love with my Lothlorien Sunshine shawl - aka Flower Petal Shawl. I took it to work with me yesterday and was knitting away at it during a coffee meeting. My colleague smiled when I defiantly took it out and started clicking-clacking: "I like it when you knit during a meeting... it's calming." I... ah... did notice I made a mistake a few rows back, but you know what? I don't care. I can fudge the mistake. Meanwhile, I... ah... frogged the Sherwood Stole (don't worry - I'll find it another yarn real soon!). It just wasn't liking the Fleece Artist Twilight yarn after all and the yarn changed its mind and wanted to be... ah... another Flower Petal Shawl. A fact confirmed when said colleague looked at my pattern and went: "Ooooh, that's very Twilight, isn't it?"

And then I'll have day and night Flower Petal Shawls!

The heat has meant a slow down to a grinding halt on Arwen, but I do intend to pick that up next week when the heat goes away for a bit.

I got my copy of French Girl Knits with one of my other love objects, Anjou. I just have to figure out a good substitute yarn... hmmm...

And then I saw this shawl on Ravelry. Oh my! Oh my, oh my, oh my! And all based on a doily. I can't crochet, but VCM can. And I spotted a freebie pattern to something very similar (the original pattern is from a Russian book).

In the meantime, I was delighted to hear Obama demanding caps on executive pay and bonuses!!! Okay, only during this crisis when they're receiving government money, but... couldn't we just keep it running? Because one of the things I think is wrong with the world is that some guy gets paid that ridiculous amount of money for making money when the firemen, police officers etc who risk their lives to save others... well, don't get paid that ridiculous amount of money. Isn't there something wrong with that?

And is it wrong to give chickens ice cream? Well, it was 45 degrees at the time... and they totally enjoyed it.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

I just ordered French Girl Knits the other day - because my queue isn't long enough as it is...(18 pages and still going strong!!)

Wish I could knit at work...

Bells said...

I love the gothic lace shawl. Oh my!

And you get to knit in a meeting? I wonder if my team woudl find it relaxing if I started doing that....

varun said...

good range!!Shawls and Scarves