Saturday, April 4, 2009

In memory of Hedwig


There I was in 2007. My little white Hedwig clutched in my hand as I sat in bed with toast and tea and read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for the very first time. And what happened? Curses to Borders for giving little white Hedwigs out with pre-ordered novels!

And please don't anyone complain about spoilers. It's 2009.

So when I saw the Owlings, I knew I had to knit them up in memory of Hedwig! I'm one down and I'm just about off to find some little tiny wooden buttons or beads for eyes, but I couldn't resist a preliminary photo shoot with the one mitten!

And for fellow geeks out there, this made my and many of my friends' days! It's Obama - apparently listless and depressed now that there's no more BSG.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Oh yes, how rude of Borders to rub it in like that!!