Monday, June 1, 2009

Brown paper packages tied up with string...

I love creating brown paper packages...


Inside? The scholarly scarf (it didn't turn into a Scholar's Collar after all) from Bendigo Woollen Mills Rustic yarn. At one end, a row of very scholarly owl cables. At the other end, when I was running out of yarn, a row of cross-cables. I gave it to the recipient today, secretly, just popped into his pigeon hole. He did guess who'd placed it there - joking that he'd sent the handwriting (that specified wool details) to be analysed - and was very pleased with it!


Not so successful... Arwen's seams. But, she is winging her way to Very Clever Mum who will put it all to rights. I'm not normally this lousy at seams. I've seamed up several sweaters in the past without hassle, but this time... she defeated me. Very ugly seams. The Cashmerino isn't very forgiving to my stitches.


Last night I started the Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury Aran. It'll be an owl cable scarf for me - lots of owl cables. I'm kind of addicted to owl cables. The Ice colourway, which at first I thought too grey, comes up a beautiful pale blue in the lounge room light.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Yes, the seams they are difficult.

The owl cables are cool aren't they - I suppose I should try them out instead of just admiring them!

artificiallymythic said...

Ooop ack. If Cashmerino isn't that forgiving to you, it's really not going to like me.

Your gifted owl scarf looks fab.And I'm quite envious of your luxury owl scarf too. I really must invest in some of that BWM stuff soon.

Anonymous said...

A brown paper parcel how wonderful,that takes me back in time. The scarf fabulous