Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yarn Margaritas and Buttoninis

BKFF and I were conversing about the nature of yarn purchases in times of high stress... partly because this morning, having checked my work email, I promptly made a certain purchase which you'll hear about soon enough. I claimed that such purchases were the equivalent of a couple of margaritas in stress relief. BKFF promptly dubbed such purchases 'yarn margaritas.'

I got home, having spent the day behaving as though I'd had a few too many espressos rather than perhaps margaritas, and found a little parcel... it's not yarn, so I've dubbed this a buttonini! Okay, the glass is totally wrong, but you get the idea!

The buttons are from Buttons By Robin and are some of the cutest buttons ever in my possession. I love the slightly irregular quality that just cries out 'handmade'! I'm mulling over what to knit for the buttons... because, you know, sometimes you just have to knit for the buttons...

In good news, even though I tried very hard to get home before dark and still didn't make it before the stars were twinkling above me, Lola and Fifi were snug as two little hens can be in their house and Lola appears to be over her traumatic night.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

You didn't buy Sundara today by any chance did you...because I was sorely tempted this morning when I checked my emails!!

Love the buttons - they are fabulous!

Jacqui said...

Happy 100th post! (a little belated, I'm sorry. Yuck about the creepy guy on the porch :( Love the wrap your mum made you and the yarn margaritas - very funny. It got me thinking about stress purchases...the niece's 21st birthday frock was a stress purchase but thanks to Our Kevin I could afford it (just!). I think I buy ceramics. Hope you get some s-l-e-e-p soon - you sound v. busy. Take care x

artificiallymythic said...

What did I miss in my mail this morning?!

And you know, Mrs Darcy needs buttons...