Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Little Bit in the Pink


Yesterday afternoon, a big, big box arrived from a friend. I blinked. Big box. Inside the box? The cutest yarn and needles combo: Cup of Yarn! It made me smile.

It was somewhat cold here yesterday (I've had a habit since surviving Quebec in mid-winter to go 'you think this is cold?') and the problem with being dairy and gluten free? Lack of pudding choice. I could easily substitute gluten free flour, but most puddings really need custard or cream or some kind of warm, dairy-involved sauce. Do you know what I mean? So I improvised. I had some rhubarb which I cooked up and then I added dollops of my favourite fake-doughnut mix (it's a mix of SR flour, soy milk, oil and egg generously flavoured with ground nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice). Voila! Rhubarb and Faux Doughnut Pudding! And it was hot and steamy and delicious. I will be doing that again! I was reading it while reading Nancy Mitford's biography of Madam Pompadour. Of course, I keep waiting for the Doctor to show up. He hasn't yet. I do think Nancy Mitford would have been an interesting companion.

Today I think I can safely say 'I made a male sock knitter!' It rocks.

I also received my mineral make up from LaLaBloom. Good value, even with the dollar conversion. I got a trio of eyeshadows including Twilight and Twinkle Snow. Very pleased.

No comments: