Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What can I say? The yarn made me hungry for more...

But how can you resist yarn packaged up like this? The Black Forest is destined for a shawl (that I can wear while thinking 'let them eat cake'). The Espresso for a scarf (that will be worn when in serious need of caffeine, which, you know, they're now saying could stop Alzheimer's, which is a good thing). The Sugared Violets for cosy comfort socks. And yes, I know, this is my second order in... ah... an embarrassingly short period of time. But it was a rough couple of weeks! I needed yarn margaritas.

Thankfully, the red tape and paperwork is beginning to thin and Jasper is cooperating now. I think I'll leave it ambiguously at that.

And I've started teaching another new knitter! My last - male! - pupil is going incredibly well and is producing a stunning pair of Monkey socks now, not to mention scarves and Fetchings. I'm enjoying the teaching role. There is something magic about passing on knitting skills. Plus, I feel like I'm doing something genuinely useful.

Coco has meanwhile figured out how to open the internal door of the hens' coop so that she can get to breakfast faster. Because that 2 minute wait was just far too long, of course. I'm still not sure how she does it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is really really delicious wool, looking forward to the knitted product.

Bells said...

yummy yummy yummy!

artificiallymythic said...

Oh heavens, it is gorgeous.
I'm just waiting for her to restock and then I'm going to be ordering some needle food too...

And yay for the thinning of red tape and, of course, Jasper playing ball.