Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bother Bad Wolf... I've got Bad Hens


Yes, I snuck another Doctor Who reference into the subject line... but look at this pair of chicken criminals. Mimi and Coco have spent all day invading the potato patch. Here they are teasing me. "Will we jump down like good hens?... Or will we run back through the potato patch so she has to chase us, getting her feet all dirty?... Right, potato patch it is!"

In between herding hens (worse than herding cats), I finished off 'Let Them Eat Cake'. The errant stitch is apparently traveling about and I apologise to all knitters who find it popping up in their pi blankets and whatnot. It doesn't mean to be bad. It just has an adventurous soul.

However, in its continued absence (and with a couple of 'frosting smudges' I'm sure no one will ever notice) the shawl is now blocking... ever seen Black Forest Cake block? It's divine. I keep sneaking into the spare room to look at it.

And a Damson shawl made its way onto the needles right after cast off. There will be details of that jammy-delicious project coming shortly!

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

ah yes, I know that tactic well. I'm keeping the prisoners on a tight watch at present (trying to actually grow things) so they are complaining long and loud. They have enough to eat, they just want their freedom. I didn't realise the side gate was opened the other day and three of them took off up the driveaway, wandered off down the nature strip and then popped in next door for a look-see. Took me 15 minutes to find them. Bad chickens indeed!!