Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Am Popular Culture!


Let Them Eat Cake Shawl
Originally uploaded by gidgetknits
Today's subject dedicated to Artificially Mythic. Explanation may be forthcoming. It may be not forthcoming.

Look what we have here! The "Let Them Eat Cake Shawl" (Yes, another Ishbel) in Needle Food's Black Forest. I've been trying for two days to figure out a good way to photograph it. I have now officially given up and this will do! However, it is glorious, soft, drape-y and edible. Seriously, the chocolate swirls are glorious. There are a couple of 'smudges in the frosting' due to the missing stitch, but they're minor and variegated yarns are very forgiving, I find.

Needless to say, I am not and never have been, a perfectionist.

2 comments:

Maria said...

This is so so so pretty. Will just have to make one.

artificiallymythic said...

Ah. You are too kind. But "I bring it with me and bend it to my will". ;p

Such a lovely shawl. It was wonderful to see it in person.