Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brought to you by the colour orange

I had to wait a while for the postal service to carry a little package from Australia to the US before I could share this with you. Isn't she the most adorable pumpkin??

When I first saw the Pumpkin Hat, I knew I had to knit it for my good friends' little girl! And it's the first hat I ever made. Too easy. It's a great pattern. Very pumpkin-ish. And she looks a perfect Cinderella with those long, blonde curls.

And so, after having stocked up on more orange, I've now cast on my Orange Juice Coraline.


I coerced a crocheting friend into making a chain for me the other day so I could begin the provisional cast on. Yes, I know the crochet chain is the easiest thing in the world to do and the odd thing is... I can even crochet a little. I've crocheted chains before (well, of course, since that's how you start learning crochet!). And I've crocheted tiny owlets, which I can't recommend enough. But for the last month, I've been unable to get my fingers to behave. I get a knotty, rope-y mess for my effort.

Now I just have to refrain from casting on anything else even remotely orange, because, seriously, it's beginning to look like I have a problem!

Anyway, time to start grating. I made potato, zucchini and mushroom cakes last night with generous amounts of garlic and spring onions and they were so scrumptious, I'm doing it all over again tonight.

3 comments:

Bells said...

so much orangey goodness and that hat and its wearer are adorable!

artificiallymythic said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm... orangey coraline. Awesome!

Maria said...

The pumpkin hat and the kiddo wearing it are so cute. Can't wait to see the Coraline, colour is yummy.