Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feeling a little Pompadour

It's become a little chilly again... perfect excuse to snuggle back into my Arwen Cardigan and write today!


Yesterday - shock horror! - I rediscovered some shoes I'd completely forgotten about! I was digging about in the boxes for my patent red shoes and found these! How could I have forgotten? They're adorable! I love these shoes! But, being suede, I keep waiting for perfect, clear evenings to wear them. And now I feel a bit like RoseRed...

I've paired these adorable shoes with my new Pompadour yarn from Juno. Dash it, now that I've gone back to look at the link, I want more of her stuff...

Speaking of Pompadour (think "Girl in the Fireplace" - run with me), had a fantastic Doctor Who/Casanova knitting marathon, including the indubitable Artificially Mythic. Artificially Mythic got me started on my drop spindle and I have now made about 10cm of very bad yarn! Still delighted with it!

Oh, and below, spoiler of sorts! I'm doing Valerie's Miracle Scarf and am way behind already, but the sun came out, the apple tree is coming into blossom, so it seemed a good time to take my scarf out and about to find the Three Leaf Clovers!

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

LOVE the shoes! Also excellent choice of fancy hose and yarn to go with!

artificiallymythic said...

Oh my GOD! I want your shoes! and Pompadour arrived! Gosh she's lovely!

I thoroughly enjoyed the three-leaf clovers... the holocaust mud took a bit of getting used to... can't wait for the next square now...

Bells said...

ditto what RoseRed said. Stunning pairing there!

Maria said...

Absolutely love those shoes and the yarn and what pegs!!!!!