Sunday, November 8, 2009

Last night, I watched The Day After Tomorrow (the remote control was too far away, I was tired, and, besides, once I used the film in a lecture about first world/third world divisions, so I did get some intellectual currency from it). Is it bad that in my head, I was considering where I'd hibernate during a freezing storm and I figured the dining room with the fireplace was the obvious place, plus, there was the added bonus that that's where my stash is kept, so, of course, I'd never be frozen... I could knit mittens?

Speaking of stashes, the other week when our knitting group met up, we all brought along our Needle Food projects. Hopefully the rest of the group won't mind my sharing this shot, but it's so pretty!


That's my Lollipop in the foreground there (plus my sample from the Ewe Beaut Sampler, which I bought along for show and tell). It has since turned into... ta da...


The Perky Goth Shawl! It kept making me think of Abby from NCIS for some reason. I cast off a little tight again (I was fearful over what would happen to the little dog in The Day After Tomorrow - there's always a little dog in peril and I know the dog always survives... of course, it did also start me wondering if I'd be able to get my chickens inside in such a storm and whether they would stay in a box... probably not...). Nonetheless, it's another cute little addition to the cocktail lounge... and yes, it's another Traveling Woman. But small this time, so not identical to The Pretty Boy Shawl.

I also received my Knit It Up! Coraline cinema sock club package and it's glorious! The yarn is saturated colour and the extras are perfect, including the little key charm for a stitch marker. And there may just be enough for another Damson, because, can you have enough Damson shawls? Says the person who has just cast on another one...

I have a problem.

1 comment:

artificiallymythic said...

Hmmm... damson shawls. And I had to leave the yarn I was going to make another with in Melbourne. I may need to rectify that because i love my damson...