Tuesday, November 24, 2009

That last little bit of yarn...


I'm at that moment on the Fairy Godfather shawl. Will I have enough yarn for the last five rows?

I've been knitting away at it for the last couple of hours, a book propped on my knees. It is work. I'm reviewing the book. But I seem to lack the capacity now to do one thing at a time. I've found myself enjoying and absorbing the book much more while knitting. And I don't think I'm kidding myself. I've written far more notes since I picked up the needles... well... I haven't been writing notes and knitting at the same time, because I would need more hands for that, but I have been happily dropping the knitting (carefully, but on a circular, not so dangerous) to scribble a few words on a regular basis.

And tonight I'm cooking venison! I've had venison in Oxford and in a little town in Quebec, but never here at home... slightly nervous about it. I'm eating it with tasty baked organic potato and broad beans and peas from the garden.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Love the look of the shawl, can't wait to see it finished
And dinner sounds very yummy