Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas jumbles

Fifi, the little brown hen, is broody again. She sits fluffed up in her box, screeching at anyone who checks in on her. She is busy with chicken business... even if the egg she's sitting on is a fake.

Lola today was having none of that. Lola, the little white hen, wanted to lay her egg in THAT same box and Lola wasn't taking no for an answer.

Thus...


One of the things I love about Christmas is weekend postal deliveries, especially when they bring with them the Ewe Beaut Sampler!! Isn't it a colourful mix-mash of colour and fiber? My favourite for the moment is the Ms. Gusset 100% Australian merino wool in shades of green. You can sign up for her mailing list. It's great that more dyers and spinners are coming out! I can't wait to start trying the fibres out. I'm still struggling a little with the spindle, but has that stopped me from contemplating an all out wheel? No, it has not. What do you think? I'm leaning towards the Majacraft Rose.


And just for a little fun, this has me in stitches every time I watch it. It's from the BBC Doctor Who Advent Calendar. I now can't get the song out of my head!

No comments: