Monday, December 21, 2009

Feeling vintage


It's nearly the end of the first decade of the twenty-first century! Sheesh... how did that happen? I remember way back at the end of the twentieth century, I was in Vienna, eating garlic-infused potato cakes at the Silvester markets (to ward off vampires - Tanz der Vampire was on at the theatre) and thinking life was pretty good! Then at the beginning of the twenty-first, I was just starting my PhD. It was all bright and shiny.

Mind, there is a secret project that is currently making life very shiny indeed, but I irritatingly can't share that just yet.

So, instead I'll share my latest amazing vintage find on Etsy. A Couroc bakelite bowl with owl from Monterey. I love this bowl! Plus my favourite bit of a rather large parcel from Knit It Up - the 'Old Copper' roving. The sheen on the yarn is unbelievable and that copper-tone... to die for. I do need a spinning wheel, don't I?

I'm currently knitting odd rows on all the WIPs. Which means there's not much to show for anything. I don't really mind. I'm so close to casting on Movie Socks with some 'Bubblegum' yarn I have... just for fun and because I feel like making bobbles.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh my!!! I had not thought how very old I was until your "end of the first decade of the 21st century"
Those yarn colours are beautiful!!! So love the copper colour