Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm Knitting Pink Robots!


MintyRL
Originally uploaded by gidgetknits
My evening. A cup of tea in my new mug, the most delectable meringue and chocolate mushrooms from a little cafe called Tangelo, served on my vintage bakelite cake stand (thanks Mum and Papa!), and my whim-knit of the moment. I saw the Love Bytes mittens (designed by Grace Schnebly) on feministy.com and knew I had to knit them. So I whipped out the balls of Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury I had to hand and started to knit up some robot love! This is my first serious attempt at colourwork, and I'm still getting the floats right, but I'm hoping blocking will be my friend. Mind, does it seem odd at all to you that I'm knitting mittens in the middle of summer?

I'm also watching a little tennis. Love that Roger Federer got everyone together tomorrow for a charity match to benefit Haiti. They can use all the help they can get.

1 comment:

Rose Red said...

Mittens in summer = perfect - just in time for winter!! Fair isle rocks doesn't it!