Monday, February 15, 2010

Bigby


All finished! This is Bigby, Ysolda's Peak Island Hood in Needle Food's Cranberry. I did sew on different buttons semi-on-purpose. Probably if I did have three of the flower buttons, I would have three flower buttons, but I like the random effect. It's a mix of wood and coconut buttons.

Such a squishy hood! It turned out just as I'd hoped. I took it outside for a quick photo shoot, but it's a little tricky to do self-portraits on a windy, warm day wearing your red hood! (I know, it looks like I don't have a face!)



Bigby is named after Bill Willingham's Big Bad Wolf from the Fables comics. I love those comics. Fairy tale characters become refugees in a New York neighbourhood. Bigby plays Sheriff for a while before marrying Snow White and having cubs... yes, cubs!

1 comment:

artificiallymythic said...

It's done, and smooshy. And you'll get so much use out of Bigby too. I love it! In fact, I may have to do something similar myself...

Now just to find the yarn...



(security word: maned)