Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Woolly Adventure

The other day, my BKFF suggested that we hop on a train and go to Bendigo. Do you need to ask why? (Admittedly, the sign is a bit hidden behind the trees, but that does read Bendigo Woollen Mills.)


Train journeys are excellent knitting opportunities, particularly when you have a friend and you bag the group of seats facing each other and scare people off with the pointy sticks and ridiculous piles of wool. My Bigby (Peak Island Hood) just grew and grew. Which is saying something, because I keep stopping to squish Bigby since, seriously, the Needle Food worsted is that squishable.


In Bendigo, we had a brilliant leisurely lunch where they offered not one, but many GF options, and then strolled through the city, running into the talking tourist tram a couple of times, then locating BWM.

We found the bargain room. At first, we were a little 'well, that's all?' Until we started rifling through a couple of bins we'd been walking passed for some inexplicable reasons we still haven't fathomed...


Ummm... what can I say? They were bargains!!! And yes, that is just my haul. My BKFF has her own haul that I believe may shortly sprout pink owls, but that's another story.

To make matters worse, when I got home, look what silky delights were on my doorstep.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Oh look at that shimmery silk!! And the bargain haul from Bendi! WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

artificiallymythic said...

Nice.

I want my silk too...

Maria said...

Oh my I so very much wished I lived closer to Bendigo
And that gorgeous silvery shimmer - yummy