Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trust me, I'm a doctor

I am, actually. A doctor. Although, I always feel like I should wear this T-shirt to explain.

Now, you know a little while ago, I had a serious geek/kitsch impulse that had to do with illusion knitting. Seeing illusion knitting in photos just wasn't enough. I couldn't get my mind around it. Then the geek/kitsch impulse struck, too, and so I picked out some Bendigo Woolen Mills in Ginger and something else (it's the Ginger that's really important to note here) and was knitting...

Well, I'm still just showing you photos, but... wow. Illusion knitting really does work. Trust me. Look at this - totally innocent stripes. No one would even blink at these stripes.


Until they saw them from a certain angle...


Of course, I think he looks more like Barty Crouch here, but, you know...

And no, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it! (Added note, link to pattern here.)

6 comments:

artificiallymythic said...

That is so awesome. I think you should frame it, or make it into a pillow, then make the dalek version and you can have two DW pillows...

Rose Red said...

The t-shirt linky won't open for me, but I think my husband is the same kind of doctor as you. Although even more geekily, in computer science (artificial intelligence). But he's not a doctor into Doctor Who (well, not any more anyway, I think he was when he was a kid). Or Harry Potter even. But I'm sure even he would appreciate that is one cool piece of knitting!!

Sarah said...

It is fabulous whatever you decide to do with it!

pat said...

I'm glad you enjoyed making this. The free pattern is available at http://www.woollythoughts.com/doctorwho.html

Gidgetknits said...

Sorry, Pat - I meant to link that again! It's linked in an earlier post, I think. Oh, and I can't get the T-shirt link to work now either... it's one of those days!

Andrea said...

You vile temptress! Now Felix will want one and I'll be doomed!!!

...yep, he wants it on a scarf. But the 14 foot Tom Baker would be nice first, apparently...