Saturday, March 6, 2010

The weather outside is frightful...

When the weather looks like this and your hot water system died the night before...


... you need a big bowl of Mac and Cheese, right?


No, I didn't just eat all of that and no, it's not really Mac and Cheese, but it's not too bad! Gluten and dairy free inspired by the Mac and Cheese recipe I linked last post. I didn't have a number of the ingredients, but I improvised with some added egg and bacon and some gluten free bread crumbled on top and on a night like this... it's good. And there will be lots of leftovers.

Meanwhile, I am working on the Evenstar Mystery Shawl. I'm already a clue behind, but I'm not too worried. Here's a sneaky peek.


Okay, now all I have to do is convince four very soggy hens that they'd like to get in out of the weather and go to bed early so I can begin heating up pots and pans of water... all I need is a little tin tub and a kettle over the fire.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh yum - looks like wonderful comfort food.

The Tao of Pooh is just fab - am enjoying it so much