Friday, April 16, 2010

Coat Reboot

Okay, I've been just a teensy bit addicted to She & Him's "In the Sun."

Zooey Deschanel wrote the song, too, and the other day I happened upon a photo of one of her coats (actually, it's in a style.com video - who could not love someone who has so many dresses?). Isn't this the cutest coat?


Now, while I do have grand plans for making something similar - in particular, keeping it tonal - I thought I'd try out the notion first on a cream coat I've had for a few winters. It was looking a little boring after all that time and needed a reboot, so to speak.


It's a little rough, and the second photo is a bit out of a focus, I admit, but I rather like how it turned out. And it's good practice for the eventual coat!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Very pretty. What a great idea for a revamp of the wardrobe