Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'm Smocking!


I'm not talking traditional smocking, but I've just started the smocking on my Orange Juice Coraline. I'm getting a kick out of it, what can I say? It's one of those knitting techniques where you look at what you're doing and just feel clever.

And, why yes, that is a gratuitous 'new shoes' shot of the smocking-in-progress. Aren't they cute? I think I should really go and get a pedicure, though...

But right now, I've enjoyed a session of Hansel & Gretel with gingerbread this morning and I'm off to look at the 200 pages of 18th century French fairy tale I need to translate.

4 comments:

Caffeine Faerie said...

I'm just going to envy you for a while...

Oh, and nice new banner. Is that the 10th doctor I see before me?

Gidgetknits said...

Yes, that is the Tenth Doctor before you. He insisted.

Rose Red said...

Oh those shoes!! Simply divine!!

Knitted smocking is clever, isn't it!!

And now I want gingerbread. A whole slab of Nigella gingerbread with lemon icing. If only I had some ginger in the pantry, I'd make some!

drkknits said...

oooh ive never done knitted smocking, how intriguing. the orange and green look awesome together by the way!