Friday, April 30, 2010

"She and the shop assistant were agreeing...

... that the best kind of sweater to get for Coraline would be one that was embarrassingly large and baggy." (Neil Gaiman, Coraline)

Thankfully, my Orange Juice Coraline (Ysolda) in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury is not embarrassing! True, I might have gone for a little more length on the sleeves and body, but just a titch and if I know myself and sweaters, I'll have that length before I know it.

I love it! It's a cosy kind of sweater, something you want to wear on a grey morning while eating bacon and eggs.


And VCM sourced these great rhinestone buttons that are absolutely brilliant, literally and metaphorically! The sewn button loops were remarkably easy, too.


In fact, I learned a lot of new techniques on my Orange Juice Coraline and enjoyed them all.

So tonight, I can kick back, relax, and eat dip. Trust me, this is a delicious dip.

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

It looks great!! I had to get the knitwear out today (for the first time this year), so looks like good timing on finishing it!

And now I want dip!

Bells said...

it's so great! I love it. Beautiful colour and great choice of yarn. I am in the early stages of my coraline and can't wait to finish it!

Geek Knitter said...

I'm seriously thinking I need one of those!

drkknits said...

oh its so lovely, just beautiful work! those buttons are really spectacular, i noticed them straight away. pix with it on please!

artificiallymythic said...

Oh she's done! Lovely! You can bring her along and we'll show her off at the Arts Centre in June. ;) I want to see this cardi in the... er.. yarn.

:)

Maria said...

A really beautiful cardigan. Bet you can't wait to wear it