Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yes, it looks a little odd...


Bad Snow White tube
Originally uploaded by gidgetknits
But this is another sweater down! I've been on a spree, finishing up WIPs that have been hanging about far too long. There's still a few listed on Ravelry, but there's one that I'm deliberately dragging out, because I like it, and a couple that require more cabling thought than I'm strictly capable of at the moment. So now I can start on new, simpler projects!

This, however, is my Bad Snow White (Ysolda's Snow White in Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury - again - there was a theme there). Doesn't it look like the oddest thing when it's not being worn? A long, skinny, tube-y thing. It's kind of fun to wear. I love the sleeves, which flare over your hands. I love that I finally got the knack of the picot bind-off and it looks pretty. I love that it shapes to your figure. I love that I'm going to have to figure out precisely the best way to wear it...

But it is fun and I'll figure that out!

In the meantime, I'm going to put it on, sing to the little creatures outside, and hope that they'll help me clean house. I will also avoid opening the door for old women offering combs, laces or apples. And I will keep an eye open for Prince Charming...

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Wouldn't it be good if a piece of knitwear attracted a Prince Charming. Or even tame housecleaning wildlife!

Andrea said...

Bah to Prince Charming! A man who can't tell if you're dead or just choking on some apple?

I'd let the old hag in if she was selling yarn, though. Could be some nice laceweight in her basket...

DrK said...

oh not odd at all, i can totally see how that would work, just not on my figure! very nice work. and every one needs a bit of prince charming every now and again.