Sunday, June 6, 2010

There's Always An Errant Knit Stitch


It's hard to see, right? But it's there. Deep in the rib. A mischievous knit stitch that is in totally the wrong place.

And you know what? I'm not going to rip or tink or frog back to it. I'm going to leave it there. It thinks it's funny... well, it can just stay!

I probably leave perfectionists in a state of horror, but I like the little hand knitted quirks. I've learned to embrace the imperfection and love the imperfection. That and my knitting mojo has been off of late.

But right now, I'm off to the supermarket to buy more treats for sad little chickens. Incidentally, has anyone else noticed that there has been a remarkable amount of chicken action in Doctor Who of late? Huh... maybe it's just me...

2 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

I've discovered that there are mistakes I can live with and mistakes I can't live with. A lot of times I'll tell myself that if I can still see the mistake the next time I pick up the knitting, I'll fix it. Soooo many times I can't.

drkknits said...

thats a totally livable with 'mistake' which i cant really see anyway. and i think its a buddhist thing to deliberately put a mistake in to everything you do, because only 'god' is perfect :)