Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jinx


First the burn, then last night...

I was watching Kingdom and sewing up the sweater (ah, yes, I'm being a terrible non-perfectionist and not worrying about the burn mark - it's on the back, my hair will cover it, and I planned to wear the sweater at home anyway - plus, I really think it's fading... honest...). I felt very good. Ready to knit the neckband, in fact.

Ummm...

Then I noticed two sleeves are sewn together. The back and front are sewn together, too. What kind of mutant form can possibly wear my sweater with it like that?? I felt like I'd just produced one of those joke sweaters in sitcoms with the four arms and no neck.

I mean, you look at it - you can see how easy it would be to mix up the pieces. The sleeves are really really wide.

This was Wee Davie's opinion.


We're about to go for another walk. I'll deal with the sweater later tonight.

4 comments:

geekknitter said...

Oooooh dear. What a rough time you're having.

At least you've got Wee Davie to help you stay happy!

Rose Red said...

GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was paranoid I was going to do the same thing when I seamed husby's Retrofit cardigan - it's just too easy to do. Hope the unpicking went ok...

Maria said...

Oh my this cardigan will have lots of stories to tell. Now you will find out how secure your joining is - hope it was not too hard to undo

DrK said...

oh. thats interesting. yes, best to get out of the house and play with the cuuuuuute puppy instead.