Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kissing Dragons and Other Stuff


There are days when you feel life is actually pretty good. You just saw Joss Whedon give a keynote the night before...

That kind of thing.

There were Jayne Hats in the audience! That always warms a heart. I need to make a Jayne Hat. Do you think Wee Davie would wear one? He'd look pretty cunnin'.

And Joss Whedon was funny and friendly and everyone enjoyed being there to listen to him.

There is also knitting. I've almost finished the back of my 'Country Walk with Mr Beaumaris' sweater. It's Arabella by Beautia Dew in Cascade and I'm enjoying the rusticity of it. Plus I named it after one of my favourite Georgette Heyer novels, fittingly, Arabella (my absolute favourite is These Old Shades).


In between, Wee Davie has been spoilt with new chew toys. It's difficult leaving him to go to work and for some reason, he just doesn't understand that I have to go to work so I can afford his chew toys. He was gifted a dragon. He loves the dragon...


Ah... a lot...


A real lot...


Ummm... this is getting embarrassing and weird.

So, ah, quickly changing the topic, I've also started a stash of Vintage Purls lace - Ione, Lady of the Night and H2 Oh! And oh indeed. It's really soft and squishy! Now I just have to match shawl patterns...


Maybe while I walk Wee Davie.

2 comments:

drkknits said...

oh joss, how we love thee. so glad you had a good time. the Wee one is getting cuter all the time!

Rose Red said...

snap! I'm seeing Joss tomorrow! I wonder if I dare take my knitting? Also, I think Wee Davie would look very fetching in a Jayne hat.