Thursday, August 12, 2010

We Love You Mimi


Sniff. Yes, it's one of those blog posts. We lost Mimi last night. She'd been sick for months and nothing seemed to work to perk her up. She slept a great deal, didn't run and greedily gobble up any food she could find and was never really herself. Today I thought it odd she hadn't popped out with the other hens to have some sunflower seeds, and that Coco had hurriedly gone to join the little hens, and then I checked their house, suspecting...

She looked peaceful.

Poor Mimi. She will be missed.

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Sorry to hear about Mimi

artificiallymythic said...

Sorry to hear about your little chook. I'll miss hearing about her exploits. *hugs*

Jacqui said...

awww :( sorry to read this. I would be a mess if I lost any of my hens - they are part of the family after all. Did you find out what she had? Hope the others are OK.