Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Egg!

I wondered what all that noise was from the hens this afternoon...


Fifi is back in the egg-production business! You can see the proud, first egg for the year (yes, the year... my hens are against exploitation) resting on my newly knitted dish cloth. I was inspired by 1funkyknitwit, remembering I had some orange Peaches and Cream cotton left.

Wee Davie has just been in the coop. He's starting to get along with the hens. As in, he chases after them and they try to shake him off. So far, though, they're pretty happy together, so this might work.

And I'm off to World Con tomorrow! Tonight, I'm planning to rest a sore throat (nearly lost my voice in class) and watch Eureka while getting up to mischief in respect to another dish cloth...

1 comment:

drkknits said...

who knew a dishcloth could be put to so many uses. great colour! wee davie may be in for a surprise when the chooks learn to stand their ground and bite back. that will be fun to watch!