Friday, October 8, 2010

Knitabulous-startitis

I came down with a serious case of Knitabulous-startitis last week.

It all began when I found these cute Chainmaille earrings from Unkamengifts on the same day I spotted "Persimmon" in Knitabulous' Fifty-Fifty. These were made for each other, don't you think?


And I'd been long wanting to knit up a bright and breezy Summer Shimmer Scarf (The Purl Bee).


Plus, the yarn was a perfect to inaugurate the use of my new project bag from Good To Be Girl. The knitting witch just reminded me so much of Nanny Ogg.

But that started something.

I then cast on Melanie Gibbons' 'Chick Flick' socks from The Joy of Sox, one of my very favourite sock books. I just love looking at this book. It makes me love socks all over again. I cast on in Knitabulous Softsock in 'Sari Pink'. Girlie socks, definitely.


Then I remembered... Through the Loops does a mystery sock in October and last year I didn't get to do it because work was a nightmare. Work is still a nightmare at this time of year, but, one, I loved last year's sock so felt bitter disappointment, and two, work is always going to be a nightmare at this time of year. So, I'm sure the following image doesn't really give a thing away - other than the sock being top down - here is the mystery sock being started in Knitabulous's Merino Sock in 'Purple Palace'.


And before you think it, the last two were stash busting efforts! I felt quite proud of myself at that point... until I noticed the number of WIPs I suddenly have.

Oh well. Last night I was trying to get some writing done. Hellboy was on TV. I sat and stared at my computer screen. Then I got up and made pumpkin pie cupcakes with maple frosting.

Oh my. They are awesome.

They are so awesome that after a late breakfast, I had an early morning tea.


There's just one catch. I invented the recipe with one eye on Hellboy saving kittens and one hand grabbing whatever spices etc I thought would make the cupcakes interesting.

I might try to recreate it today. Because, seriously, if I do say so myself (and I do), these cupcakes are mouth-meltingly good.

2 comments:

drkknits said...

hehe, well at least your consistent in your startitis. i reckon if you start with the same 'brand' of wool it only counts for one project. see how good i am at making up knitting rules!

Gidgetknits said...

I love your knitting rules Dr Knits!