Sunday, October 17, 2010

Snails and Puppydog Tails


To balance the Knitabulous Startitis, here's some Spacefrog FO-is. That doesn't quite work, does it? Nonetheless, my "Yellow Crayon" socks in "Primary Colours" Spacefrog colourway are all done. Just your usual vanilla socks with the star toe. I'm really enjoying the star toe - that little swirl to finish off the sock really makes my day.

The name is a Buffy reference: "First day of kindergarten you cried 'cause you broke the yellow crayon and you were too afraid to tell anyone. You've come pretty far, ending the world... not a terrific notion. But the thing is, yeah. I love you. I loved crayon-breaking Willow and I love scary, veiny Willy. So if I'm going out, it's here. You wanna kill the world, you start with me."

I always thought Xander had some of the most amazing speeches in Buffy. I also loved his speech to Dawn: "They'll never know how tough it is, Dawnie, to be the one who isn't chosen. To live so near to the spotlight and never step in it. But I know. I see more than anybody realizes, because nobody's watching me. I saw you last night. I see you working here today. You're not special. You're extraordinary."

In the meantime, my extraordinary puppy has developed a passion for crunching snails. Yes, you're right. "Ewwwww." At night, he comes bouncing inside, tail wagging, jaw crunching. I haven't a clue how to put a halt to the snail homicides occurring in my garden.

2 comments:

drkknits said...

oh xander. poor xander. he really was the best. and the puppy is doing you a big favour, so i'd let him go for it! snails are evil.

spacefrogknitsandyarns said...

Look what I find when I google myself! ;-) I don't often get to see FOs done with my yarns so I enjoyed this find. :D

Cheers,
Spacefrog