Monday, November 1, 2010

Something Silky

Lemsip: check
Warm sweater: check
Puppy walked: check

Now I just need tea and sympathy! Why do I always catch the flu when I'm marking papers?

Still, I nipped out to smell the roses, so to speak, and snap a quick couple of shots of my finished scarf. I'm rather proud that I knocked over one of my Knitabulous-startis projects so quickly! On the other hand, the Summer Shimmer Scarf (The Purl Bee) is an awfully quick knit and in Knitabulous' Fifty-Fifty ("Persimmon") comes out fabulously light and silky. I did add an extra 10 stitches for further width, but otherwise, here she is:




While taking these shots, there was an energetic puppy at my feet, begging me to kick his ball.


Don't worry, as soon as I stashed the camera in my pocket and wrapped the scarf back around my neck, I kicked a few balls for him. He's looking terribly shaggy. I'm just about to look into his first hair cut. It's very difficult to tell he's a scottie right now...

2 comments:

drkknits said...

heh, a very cute little rough scottie he is. and yay for pretty finished scarves. bugger about the flu though.

artificiallymythic said...

Beautiful Scarf.

And I'm still in love with Wee Davie. So happy to see him without the Cone of Shame though. ;)

Feeling better yet? There is yarn in the mail.