Sunday, February 6, 2011

Christmas presents are worth waiting for!


Isn't she lovely? One of my BKFFs was a little longer sending off my Christmas present, but I didn't mind a bit. She's gorgeous and silky and light in a Yarntopia silk and merino blend (the shawl, not my BKFF... although, I guess you could call her all those things too!). And those colours! Thank you, BKFF!

I would have taken more dramatic, wonderful action shots of my shawl, but not far away, this was happening:


Soggy puppy and shawl wouldn't have mixed! Incidentally, spot the apple crop behind Wee Davie and the shawl? I'm hoping for big things this year!

I've also discovered the tomato growing trick. Pop them in the chicken coop!

This is the biggest tomato I've ever grown (I'm really resisting the temptation to exaggerate and say it's as big as a pumpkin... but of course it is!):


Yes, it's still green, but since I don't trust the chickens or the local possums, I'm photographing my giant tomato while I can!


Okay, we're off to make homemade tater tots (slightly healthier, since they're baked in the oven). We went to the local market this morning (a kind of 'backyard garden' market where local residents often bring their crops etc) and found some wonderful tomatoes and squashes and a big lime tree that we cheerfully walked home.

1 comment:

drkknits said...

oooh juicy homegrown tomaters, making me hungry. and nice present there BKFF. shes a top sort that one!