Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Can Knit Pockets!


Look at that! It's a pocket! It's a pocket in my new cardigan. Pockets are easy! I've aced pockets! Well, simple pockets, at least.

In other news, I've also used up a good percentage of the world's exclamation marks.

However, in all seriousness, there was something akin to the magic of turning one's first heel in discovering the secret of the knitted in pocket. And who doesn't love having pockets in their clothing? It also felt wonderful having a knitting day. I met most of my immediate deadlines in a series of late nights at the computer, so I gave myself most of the weekend to knit. It's felt good to be producing stitches again. Plus, I've been able to catch up on some SGU and Warehouse 13. I had a little moment earlier when I realised Claudia was wearing a Les Mis T-shirt. I was once a Les Mis geek. This was fantastic.

Last night, though, I devastated my puppy. I didn't put any tomato in Wee Davie's dinner. Consequently, at around 9pm, he came running in, skiddling along the mat, a green tomato from the garden in his mouth. Message received. Tomato is still a must for the pup's dinner... or he'll just go and get his own tomato.

But it's so adorable walking him in the late afternoon now. It's like walking two pups. Wee Davie and his shadow.

3 comments:

artificiallymythic said...

Hooray for pockets! I agree about the magic of pockets. Although, I mastered that long before I even thought of turning heels...

And you need to send me a copy of the dog and his shadow photo. It needs to be printed and framed.

yoel said...

Knitted pockets are delightful. You can store tomatoes in them, for one. :) What a funny dog!

drkknits said...

haha thats hilarious, look at that shadow, its so perfect its almost a cartoon! and so cute that he likes tomatoes. yay for pockets, there should be more knitted pockets. i hope to make something with knitted pockets sometime this year. i will ask you how you did it when i get there!