Sunday, August 28, 2011

And then there were two!



My Bingley is now ready to visit Pemberley! These are my favourite socks ever to knit. I adore them. It's been a wrench finishing them off. I may now have to frame them.

Just a quick reminder, they're knitted in Knit It Up Vivacious in the "Bingley" colourway to Kristi Schueler's Netherfield pattern. The yarn is super smooshy and a gorgeous golden shade. The pattern is filled with cute little details that can be a bit fiddly, but are definitely worth the effort. The match of names was serendipity.


Yesterday, I'd just started on the final leg and was frowning a bit at the yarn remaining. It looked like it'd be touch and go. After some nice, healthy tacos for dinner, I sat down to watch one of my favourite films, Hatari!, and then, as the ball of yarn steadily dwindled, I just kept on knitting, convinced that if I stopped, I would run out of yarn.

Just after midnight, an old Bing Crosby and Bob Hope film on the television, I was done.

And I had this left over:


Yep, don't know what I was worried about!

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Well look at clever you! A pair of socks and yarn leftover! Fantastic!

drkknits said...

i just love that there are socks and yarn named after austen things. they look gorgeous, and such a lovely spring pattern and colour.

artificiallymythic said...

Happiness! And done. Yay you. What a story those socks have to tell.