Sunday, August 21, 2011

Watch out for the Vashta Nerada!


It's all done! Dubbed 'Spoilers!' this is my scarf version of the 'Tilting Tardis Cowl' by Marilyn Phillippi. It's knitted up in Needle Food's 'Dining In Denim.' Oh, how I miss Needle Food! Well, maybe my bank account doesn't...

In fact, I started this off when Shelley and I first traveled about New Zealand, by bus and horse, and visited Needle Food herself. It was a wee few rows of TARDISes at that point.


It grew extremely slowly. But recently, I had a few long flights...


And it grew! It grew across two hemispheres, in fact! And now it's finished and I'm feeling very, very satisfied with it. It's frankly gorgeous.

I'm making a conscious attempt now to get the WIPs whipped into order. In part, this is an effort to counter impulses for yarn margaritas. Remember those stressful days when I'd reach for a yarn margarita? Well, I'm putting aside for something special now, so I have to restrain those impulses. Plus, it feels rather good finishing off projects. Right?

3 comments:

Shelley said...

ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod... It's done and finished? And looks so gorgeous! I really should make one out of my TARDIS Blue Needlefood.

Yeah. WIPS. I need to do something about mine. Just don't tell my Dr.

Rose Red said...

Yay for finished object!

I have discovered lately that you really do get things finished if you stop starting new things! Amazing isn't it!!

drkknits said...

oh that looks so cool! and how great to be allowed to knit on planes again. yay for gorgeous blue finished objects.