Sunday, November 20, 2011

I like him. He says okie dokie.

Remember that I was waxing lyrical about Socktopus? Well, I won a copy! It is everything I hoped for. It includes one of my favourite patterns, 'Rumpled!' Doesn't hurt that it's named after a fairy tale character, either.


But that's not the best bit. The best bit is the bit I wasn't expecting. There are Supernatural themed socks in this book.


I mean, how cool is that? All in all, this is a sock book from which I must spontaneously knit all the socks! There's not a better review than that.

In the meantime, I've started on something I've been wanting to do for ages. I've started designing my own pattern! Okay, that's still a bit ambitious, since I've only got my first swatch sorted, but I'm excited. I've been pouring over stitch patterns, sometimes while eating mousse.


(Yes, I have a weakness for tinned mandarin slices. Jamie Oliver once said they are the exception to the rule and I agree with him completely.) And I do have a first swatch. Here's a peak.


Okay, that wasn't an informative peak, but you can see that there is knitting. I picked up some Vintage Purl lace that is in a gorgeous TARDIS blue, so you know in which direction my mind began to tick. The design was half in my head before I'd put the yarn down. I thought 'can I do this?' Then I thought 'why not?' Since then, my mind has been buzzing with design ideas and I've already learned heaps. It's all kind of fun. And if it doesn't work out in the end, so what?

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Yet another great looking sock book! Because I couldn't possibly have enough patterns in the 13 or 14 sock books I already have, heh!

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but is that an upside down dalek in the top right of that swatch? I'm probably just imagining it!

Gidgetknits said...

It isn't a Dalek, oddly, but now you've given me ideas! And seriously, Socktopus is GREAT.

drkknits said...

oh crowley socks! careful. they might try and sell you out. i wonder if we could have castiel socks, that turned you into a god?