Saturday, November 5, 2011

Snuck In


I was grading papers. I was trying to reorganise long neglected, half-written manuscript chapters.

I was knitting bootees.

Well, I wanted to gift these next week, so it made sense. And I'd always wanted to try out Saartja's Bootees. So I found some Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury, some vintage buttons and had "Feeling Froggy."


We were in two minds about the buttons, but they grew on me. Just a bit frog-like is kind of cute, right? The second bootee has slightly wonky straps, but I'm hoping a little wash and block will sort that out.

They are kind of adorable. Bootees always are, aren't they?

2 comments:

artificiallymythic said...

I love Saartjie's booties. I've made a few. The buttons are lovely!

drkknits said...

they are amazingly adorable and i think the buttons are perfect. so cute, i wish i had booties growing in my garden!