Thursday, December 22, 2011

Figgy Pudding

"We Wish You A Merry Christmas" is playing in a loop in my head. This may or may not be a good thing.

However, it did enable me to sprint through my Miss Marple socks! They're done! In record time for me. I got a little obsessed, you see.

They're from Cookie A.'s knit. sock. love. as you may know by now. I took a photo last night, but the colour of the yarn came out a little dull, so this morning, I braved heading out with a camera, new socks and a wet Scot. The Vintage Purls 'Oneirology' now shows its pretty colours.


And I love the way the lace winds around as it leads into the heel.


As the Scot and I walked last night, we ran into the parcel delivery van. The guy rushed out with a parcel. "But we don't live here!" I protested. "I know. (Rattles off my address) I recognised you." That should probably concern me more than it does, particularly since he has on occasion caught me in my pjs.

Nonetheless, it meant I got to carry a lovely squashy parcel home that contained my Knitsch and some very cool presents care of my favourite Honorary Ninja Sheep. Isn't the Knitsch thoroughly gorgeous? There is 'Beatrice', because between having seen Much Ado on stage earlier this year, now having it downloaded safely to my computer, and looking forward to Joss Whedon's film... I'm all about Much Ado and Beatrice has always been one of my favourite Shakespearean characters. She's just too cool. She's the best friend you'd love to have.


The 'Deep Thought' is destined for Doctor Who socks. It's more 10th Doctor TARDIS. Speaking of which, I did finish my TARDIS snowflake garland and I couldn't be happier with it.


I especially like the way this snow flake turned out. [Note: Oh, I did adapt the snowflakes from ones I saw online, but do you think I can find those particular snowflakes again? If I do, I'll definitely link back again!]


So, everyone, have a great Christmas! I don't go in for retrospectives or new year's resolutions. I will only say, 2011 as a year didn't quite work for me. There was great stuff afoot, too! But things just went a little haywire. I won't mind changing calendars all that much.

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Wow, you did finish that second sock quickly!

Love the story about your mail man! Too funny!

WildflowerWool said...

Cool socks! I love that the mail man knows you!

drkknits said...

your pointelles are just gorgeous and have made me think about using pretty yarn for them as well. hope you have a lovely holiday and 2012 is a bit more 'as you like it' xx

Shelley said...

Honorary Ninja Sheep? #chuffed