Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Luverly Bunch of Coconuts

Pardon the inadvertent advertisement here, but lately I've been a little addicted to this particular brand of coconut water.


Partly, of course, because it's in a really cool container! Then I made a discovery. If you take off the label and take out the internal juice box... you can put a ball of yarn inside.


And due to the nifty hole already supplied for the straw...


Yes, my house is about to be overrun with yarn coconuts!

I've also finished designing a sock!


It's a lattice design with tiny 'wildflowers' worked into the lattice, the heels and the toes. It's called 'Buttercup's Folly' and is worked in yarn from Christina Marie Potter (a fingering yarn in the Amy Pond colourway - she does brilliant geek yarns).


I had a certain Scot trying to nose his way into photos, so there's lots of cropping going on. It is a pretty bright yarn and I wanted a flippery, summery design to go with it. Now I'm thinking of writing it up as a 'proper design'. What do you think? Well, okay, I have the second sock to go...

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

Ha! I don't even drink coconut water but I think I might have to take it up just for the cool container!

I totally think you should write that pattern up! Very pretty!

artificiallymythic said...

What is coconut water? Nifty container though. :)

And I'm looking forward to test knitting that pattern...

drkknits said...

hehehe, a most excellent use of coconut water containers. i knew those things had some use, apart from sipping on while lying on a beach under an umbrella. speaking of which...